"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, May 5

to answer your question...

My sister- who has 4 kids of her own- sees me with my 1 and often asks..."What do you do all day?" Now I know she's truly baffled by what could possibly fill my day when there's only 1 child to keep alive, and I didn't know how to answer her until I started taking notice of what I do all day...
1st, I clean up this mess...
then I clean up this one...
(I have to scavenger for all my rugs that he has moved throughout the house)
If I'm lucky, he'll play right where I need to stand in the kitchen to make lunch or dinner...
If I'm REALLY lucky, the weather will be nice enough to let him go outside
(usually not that lucky!)
I search for lost shoes....usually mine!
(B. doesn't like knowing that his son walks around in his mom's shoes all day!)

And, just when I think I've managed to keep this 1 child alive another day...
he discovers climbing.

I pray he NEVER gives up his nap time...
Because I'm about to be outnumbered and I will soon ask myself (as my sis does often)...
"what did I do all day with just 1?"
love ya sis, you're a rock star!!!

1 comment:

Amy Blue said...

until you came to visit, i had no idea. Now, I will give credit where credit is due. You can count Chase as 2 kids instead of just 1. Good luck with the next! ;)