"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Thursday, May 14

18 months

My baby is 18 months old! We had his dr. appointment yesterday and he did quit well...up until they poked him 3 times with a needle -after that he just wanted to get out of there (who can blame him?!). He weighed in at just over 27 lbs. (that's it?! I swear he feels more like 37!) and he's almost 34'' tall (which puts him on the larger/taller side for an 18 mo. old!). He's mostly interested in being a big boy right now...wants to sit in the regular chair at the dinner table (no high chair or booster), wants to climb on everything, and he copies EVERYTHING Daddy does! He loves to wrestle with his dad and Grandma is even teaching him how to jump (which he will soon discover is more fun from higher ground!).
He's jabbering a lot, but doesn't say a whole lot of words right now...too busy being a boy and developing other, more important skills! He's still not showing much interest in getting rid of his crib...but we'll be needing that soon!

FYI...my c-section is officially scheduled with the hospital for July, I have to be there at 5:30am!

1 comment:

Jenn Mize said...

First, are you kidding me... 27 pds. Tucker is 25 lbs. 12 oz. as of the 13th. CRAZY! Your Bubba has him beat by 5 inches though. :)
Second, 5:30 am ROCKS for a c-section. I don't know what time your last one was, but I went in at 5:30. It was fabulous, I got up and went to the hospital. I didn't have to worry about it all day long. :) I'm SO excited for you!