"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Monday, May 11

my Mother's Day weekend

I'm really liking my family's tradition of dragging out birthdays and holidays for as long as we possibly can! Instead of just 1 day for Mother's Day this year, it became a weekend!
It's only my 2nd Mother's Day being a Mom myself, but my hubby is a pro & made me feel VERY loved and appreciated! We started out with a date night on Friday and went to the movies (we saw "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past...NOT WORTH IT!), then we spent Saturday with his parents in Portland, shopping & eating at the Cheescake Factory! I've been wanting to get a hanging plant for my back patio and guess what beautiful flowers I got for Mother's Day...fuschia!
B. was so sweet about it & even got me a little watering pale...but he's the one who has to water it because I can't really reach! (FYI, I'm about 7 months pregnant & had no intention of posting pics of me and my belly...don't expect any more!)
I also got this awesome addition to my slowly growing collection of Willow Tree statues. It's a Mother with her 2 boys...it's called, "Quietly" which is ironic since I've never associated having 2 boys as being anything close to quiet!
In church on Sunday they gave all the Mother's Sees' Candy (now that's how you show appreciation!) and we had dinner & dessert (fresh strawberry pie from Marie Calendars) with my in-laws (Grandpa is an excellent cook!). With all our activities...little bubba got wore out!
Saturday night we watched another movie -"Bride Wars" and we were disappointed with that one too, so when we finished Mother's Day with a movie of my choice...umm I didn't want to have a 3rd failure, so a 5th viewing of "Twilight" was the only option!
It was SO NICE to have such a good weekend! I LOVE my family and am very excited to meet our new baby soon!
I love you, Mom and I'm grateful to have you -you are my best friend!

1 comment:

Amy Blue said...

ahhh how cute! You really popped! I know you probably hate hearing that but it's true! you look super cute though. Love you glad you had a wonderful mothers day!