"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Sunday, July 12

now a family of 4!

Bennett Wayne arrived on Thursday, July 9th at 5:55 pm. He was 7 lbs. 3 oz. and 19 3/4 inches. He's pretty much been asleep since then! I saw my doctor that morning and he told me to go to the hospital as I would be having the baby that afternoon and NOT on Saturday as was scheduled! So, I went home (after running a few last minute errands first!) and tried to relax and get once last nap in before the big event! Little Bubba and I enjoyed our last afternoon alone for a while then he went to spend the rest of the day with Grandpa while daddy came home from work early to take mommy to the hospital!
I was having contractions and they were getting quit strong while we were waiting for our turn to go into surgery. The doctor was held up in other surgeries so we had to wait a couple hours longer than expected. But...finally I can say I had a GOOD experience at the hospital and having a baby! It's such a relief to have it go well...I was fighting anxiety the whole time!
Here's me and my 2 boys!

Chase still isn't quit sure what to do about the new addition. He's having a hard time adjusting and doesn't like that mommy can't pick him up all the time. Hopefully he knows we still love him just the same!
I was able to come home early from the hospital as all was going really well with me and the baby. Bruce & I were really surprised by how well everything was going this time (perhaps to compensate for how difficult things are going with Chase?!).


We are now a family of 4! I love all my boys and am so grateful my parents were able to come visit and help this week! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Wayne for all their help while Bruce & I were in the hospital...we have EXCELLENT family!
HAPPY 6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY BRUCE! Today we get to "celebrate" (aka remember) our wedding anniversary and I'm very blessed to have a loving husband who supports me when I say...I REALLY don't like breastfeeding! :)

4 comments:

Pearson's said...

Erin....I'm so glad to hear everything went well. Your little family is soooo cute! Congrats to the two of you...You make some handsome boys. I just wanted to apologize for not making it at the hospital. my boys and I have had a little cold! Don't think you would want us around! :) Can't wait to get well, so i can come see you and the little one! don't hesitate to call if you need anything! Take care and again congrats he's beautiful!

Lyric Payne said...

What a beautiful family. Congratulations. You sure know how to make adorable children!

Brianne said...

Congrats!! Bennett is so cute!! I'm pretty sure that Chase will never be real excited about not allowing you to pick him up :) One thing is for sure though, he KNOWS his mommy loves him!!! Glad all went well and love to see all the pics so keep them coming!

The Sweet Life of Us said...

Congratulations Erin! What a good looking baby! I am so happy that everything went well for you. You have a beautiful little family.