"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Sunday, July 5

my 2nd favorite holiday!

While Christmas is my all-time most favorite holiday of the year...4th of July, Independence Day is my 2nd favorite holiday!!!
I love all the flags, fireworks, BBQ's, family & friends, sunny weather, and remembering the blessing of living in this beautiful country! We had some friends over to enjoy pizza (not a BBQ, but that would require we actually buy a BBQ...some day!) and then we girls lost in a game of Scene It -Friends...sad to say we lost to our husbands...weird!
Since it doesn't get dark till about 10pm, we decided to do our own fireworks a little early (the kids were getting tired!)...it wasn't early enough because Little Bubba was NOT liking the fireworks at all! He did fine last year, but this year he was overwhelmed with all the lights and sounds (we had neighbors doing some as well).
After our fireworks, we walked down the street to watch the big fireworks show at the golf course (I love living within walking distance of a good fireworks show!). I gave the little guy a glow stick in hopes it might keep him occupied and not so worried about the fireworks...it actually worked! He LOVED that thing and wouldn't put it down the rest of the night. I had to grab it from him after he fell asleep at home!
It's hard to celebrate a good 4th of July with little ones...all the good fireworks happen after bedtime! But, I still love this holiday and plan to go "all out" next year, which I've been looking forward to doing for years!

No comments: