"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, July 7

20 months...already!

Look who's 20 months old this week! He's growing up a lot right now...his vocabulary has pretty much doubled (which still isn't saying much considering he didn't say a whole lot of words before!). He tries to put on his own shoes because his most favorite place to be is outside (and he's learned how to unlock and open the sliding -glass door). He'll grab his own out of the closet and even get mine if I'm not moving fast enough. One day I was a little pre-occupied and looked down to find him trying to put my sandals on my feet for me, it was pretty funny when he kept grabbing my foot and trying to slide the shoe underneath! He likes the water, as long as someone is with him. Mostly he likes playing with the hose and running through the sprinklers at the park.
He REALLY loves playing on the playground at the park...here he is on his little slide at our house, it was given to us for free, which we really appreciate! This little guy LOVES being outside and climbing on things.
He also likes to climb in the pantry or fridge to reach whatever food he's wanting...because mommy is too slow or doesn't know what he's saying! He's got a mouth full of food and still wants more!
He runs everywhere and his favorite person is still his Grandpa Wayne. He's finally acknowledging a baby brother in my tummy and will give baby bennett "hugs" by laying his head down on my belly. He's being rather difficult at bedtime right now...not sure when this phase will end, but any day is fine with me! His world is going to change when we bring home a new baby in just a few days!
(words he's saying: "daddy", "mommy", "grandpa" or "papa", "bye-bye", "hi", "walk"/"water" -sound the same, "Bolt" his favorite movie, "cookie", "fruit snack", "cracker", "no" -my favorite..., "please", "more", and he's also started saying "airplane" today!) of course nothing is crystal clear, but he's learning!

2 comments:

Amy Blue said...

I can't wait to see him and the baby! He is soooo big. I swear he looks like he has doubled in size since you were here. Grady makes a few faces that remind me of Chase. He also screams really LOUD and that reminds me of Chase too. LOL love you guys!

Brianne said...

It is amazing how fast they grow up!! Excited to see what Bennett looks like!! Take care!!