"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Thursday, April 23

Love you Mom, Happy Birthday...SURPRISE!

The little guy and I just got back from visiting my Mom and the rest of my family in Utah. It was a big surprise visit for my Mom's birthday and even my older bro & sis-in-law came up from Arizona with their 2 girls to surprise her!
I wish I had the picture of her face when she saw all of us...she was definitely surprised!
(since I was in UT visiting family this weekend...I obviously wasn't home painting like I said, just trying to keep Mom off the secret! But, Bruce stayed home and he was painting for me, thanks babe! the room isn't done yet, it's more of a watermelon now than just pink...improvement?)
It was the first time my little guy and his cousin Kylee have met (they're 1 week apart in age) and it was interesting...he's kind of a bully!


For my Mom's birthday gift, we made sure to get an updated picture of all her grandkids together (there are 7 now, with 2 on the way!)...even though it will be outdated in just a couple months! I don't have it loaded on my computer to post yet, but these were taken the last evening we were together while the kids were playing around. I wanted to get a couple of Chase with some of his cousins....but they ALL wanted in on the action (funny...why weren't they this way when we were doing the actual photo shoot?!).
I don't remember asking them to make a funny face...but all of them seem to have had the same idea at the same time!
I think they were getting the idea from all the adults standing behind me making faces to get them to smile & laugh!









When I was done taking pictures, I got up and started to walk away...but a few of the kids wanted to do what the adults were doing...trying to get the other kids to keep smiling...I thought it was funny and got a picture of them trying to make the other kids smile for the camera that wasn't around anymore!
When I was planning the trip out there, my sis suggested getting this monkey back-pack that has a leash for a tail, so I could keep tabs on my, very active, little guy while we went through the airport. He liked wearing it...if he could hold the leash himself...(kind of counter-productive, but oh well!). It worked out pretty good actually and I didn't have to struggle to keep in close! I wanted to get a picture of him in the airport with it on and as soon as I got out the camera he was smiling and ready for his picture to be taken...later a bunch of people commented on how cute they thought he was and how he loved the camera, I didn't realize he was drawing such a crowd of attention!
We had a good time and it was fun to surprise my Mom! We're looking forward to having my parents & sis come out for baby Bennett's arrival this summer!
(P.S. - congrats to my bro Billy & sis-in-law Bri on their little one expected in Oct...I'm not spilling boy/girl until they say so first on their blog!)

No comments: