"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Wednesday, December 3

up!

According to the newly released Little Bubba Dictionary, the word "up" means:
*I want to go UP stairs
*I want you to pick me UP
*I want whatever food you are eating from your own personal plate (not mine)
*I want whatever is in your hands (even if it's not mine)
*I want you to pick me UP and take me outside
*I want you to help me get closer to the kitty (so I can attack him)
*I want you to play with me...RIGHT NOW

So, like many words in the more commonly used Merriam-Webster Dictionary, "up" has a significant number of meanings and connotations and it is up to Mommy & Daddy to figure out exactly which definition the little guy is using!

He has started pointing his finger and pointing at things he wants, which is very helpful. However, while helpful and encouraged in toddlers...finger pointing is seen as rude and taboo with adults. Anyone else confused?! ;)

No comments: