"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Friday, August 8

the doctor said...

"I think he's aesthmatic." Sure.
I took Little Bubba to the doctor yesterday for his 9 month check-up. It was a very convenient appointment as he had gotten sick while we were in UT and hasn't been getting much better. When the doctor first heard him cough he looked right at me and asked, "Which parent is aesthmatic?" Caught off-guard, I barely mumbled my answer that neither of us were. The little guy coughed again and the doctor asked again....,"Which one coughs a lot when they get sick...and usually gets a cough with every illness...it gets worse at night...?" Again...not sure why he's pushing this...I thought about it and mummbled again, "me, I guess."
"That's what I thought." That's what he said!
He then proceeded to explain his interrogation by explaining that the little guy sounded like his cough was somewhat wheezy and that he thinks he might be aesthmatic (not to say he has full-blown aesthma). But, it gets flaired up when he gets sick and that's why his cough gets so bad at nights especially.
He gave Little Bubba some medicine that's supposed to last 2 days (I didn't think the little guy would hold still long enough for the face mask-style inhaler type thingy). We'll see I guess.
But, back to the reason for the appointment...
Little Bubba is still growing, but he's slowed down (whew!). He's about 21 lbs., and about 29'' tall! Still a good eater and good sleeper (when he's not sick). He's crusing all over the place and thinks he's invincible.
We're going out today to get some gates.

No comments: