"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, December 13

making Christmas

 I made a Christmas wrapping paper wreath (super easy), and I really wanted to do an advent calendar with the boys this year, so I found one that was really easy to make and that I didn't have to store (not ready to commit yet!).  This was a cute idea to make cones from wrapping paper then tie them to branches. Each of the cones have a scripture or quote having to do with Christmas inside, and every few days the boys also get some type of surprise (a new book, a Christmas movie, special activity, etc.). It's been fun and the boys like counting down to Christmas!

We finally got real stockings this year! I had everyone's name put on them and even baby Tempe has one! The boys are a little too into the tree this year and so I wasn't too eager to put too many decorations on it. Especially when I'm not really thrilled about having to clean all this up and put it away in a couple weeks (that's why I get my tree the weekend after Thanksgiving...so we can enjoy it longer!).               

1 comment:

P's in a pod said...

Cute Advent Calenday idea! I was lookig to do one this year and it was way too involved for me. so I'll use this idea next year.!