"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, October 18

homemade halloween


I haven't really decorated my house for halloween before and I decided I would start this year! I want my kids to be excited about different traditions and holidays, but they don't ever really know what's going on 'cause I'm too grinch-like to take the time to decorate usually! All I can think is....'but I'm just going to have to take it all down in a few weeks and pack it away again...'!
So, I decided to make as much of the halloween decor as I could...I'm not that great with this kind of stuff so it was a little frustrating and challenging because I just wanted stuff to be done! But, I'm pretty happy with what we have this year...and even better; a lot of it can get thrown away rather than packed!
I made the halloween clock, "boo blocks", and apothecary jars (that was a ward 'super saturday' craft this year) and a few other things around the house. I had the boys color and glue together pumpkin faces on some paper plates to make a garland for the fireplace and they loved that! Chase loves turn on the spotlight over the mantle and talk about his halloween pumpkins he made.
And...it wouldn't be a real homemade halloween if I didn't make the boys' costumes too! So...pics to come as soon as I'm done (I had to start early enough to make sure there was time to go to the store if the costumes don't work out!)

No comments: