"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, May 17

Easter 2011

Celebrating different holidays is getting more and more fun as the kids get bigger and more aware of what's going on! I'm still not sure the spiritual meaning of each holiday is really registering yet, but we're gettin' there!
Bennett loved his little Easter basket and carried it around all day...make that all week! The boys played with them constantly until I finally decided to pack them away again.

This was the first year we colored eggs with the boys and they really loved it! Naturally we had a few messes to clean up and clothes were thought to have been ruined (stain remover is SO much better than it used to be!), but overall we had a great time!...even if the dye doesn't quit look the same on brown eggs...hey if I have to eat them, then I'm using good eggs!!! ;)
I learned to count all the eggs right before "hiding" them; that's a lesson my Mom taught me when my siblings and I spent one Easter searching the entire house for what felt like hours trying to find that one last egg only to have my Mom suddenly remember she had eaten an egg the night before...

No comments: