"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, June 1

sand dunes

We made our annual camping trip to the dunes for Memorial weekend and had a great time. Luckily, the weather was great and didn't rain until Monday when we were leaving anyways! This whole trip we kept talking about how much we want a side-by-side so we can all go out riding as a family. This can be such an expensive hobby!It was Bennett's 2nd time camping at the dunes, although he was only about 7 weeks old last time, so this was a whole new experience for him! He loved "put-putting" around with Daddy and had the riding thing all figured out on his own!It had rained so much prior to our weekend that a lot of the area was flooded. There happened to be a huge "lake" right next to our camp site, and it took a lot of effort to keep the kids out of it...and we didn't succeed. Chase was soaked! I just kept telling myself it was just like playing at the beach (water on sand) but that really didn't make me feel all that better when I had to clean him up!After we got home and settled we were trying to decide how early we wanted to put the boys to bed, but this little guy crashed during dinner! It was a fun weekend and we enjoyed spending time with other family too!

1 comment:

P's in a pod said...

Memorial day at the Dunes...SOunds familiar..and fun. wished wo could have been playing in the sand together...thought a lot about you guys this trip.
Side by side...I got motion sickness from Mike's driving but all in all I like them much better than the 250.