"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, January 6

someday we'll laugh about it

We've had one doozy of a week! We went on an emotional roller-coaster that not even the extremest of adrenaline fans would enjoy! First we were convinced our house deal was going to fall through (on the day we were SUPPOSED to close!) then there was a small glimmer of hope again...then not, then again, then not, then again...you get the point! Well, we signed the closing docs on Wednesday afternoon and left town Thursday morning...we needed a break! It was great to visit my family (even though our flights were delayed, Little Bubba and I were sick and we still were waiting to hear if the funding went through for the home loan!)

I FINALLY got to see Twilight with my Mom & sis (thanks Mom!) and I enjoyed it! I went in with the attitude that it's going to be different from the book and to just accept that.

Also, I took some family portraits for my sister's family and my parents. My poor neice & nephews are going to dread my visits because all they will think of is having to get pictures done...AGAIN!!! It was a really funny experience and I like doing it though! (check out my photography blog for their pics, http://photos-by-erin.blogspot.com/)

We also got some new family pictures taken (thanks Amy!):

my boys!
Aside from the delayed flights, sickness, stress & worry about the house...we kinda relaxed...!
We're home just long enough to unpack, repack and head off to Las Vegas for a dental conference. It's my hubby's first time hanging out in Vegas, so I'm excited to enjoy some "us" time!

4 comments:

The Sabeys said...

I love the pictures! So cute. And Congrats on baby number 2. I still need to meet baby number 1

Mark and Robyn Family said...

Erin! That is so exciting you guys are expecting a baby! I am happy for you and your new house! We will have to hear about it the next time we see you! Congratulations of both exciting things!

Brianne said...

Great family pics! I love the pic of Little Bubba looking up! He is so cute! I'm sorry it has been so emotional but I am excited you got a home of your own now! Congrats!

Amy Blue said...

what great family pics! :) we love you guys. Thanks soooo much!