"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Tuesday, December 1

"it's the most wonderful time of the year..."

We had a great Thanksgiving holiday and weekend! It was so nice to have Bruce home for a few extra days and spending time together. We got to see "New Moon" and we also got our Christmas tree! It's our first Christmas in this house and I'm very excited about that! I love "fat" trees and my loving husband let me have the final say in what tree we got (since I think it matters more to me than him!) and I'm so glad because I picked one that I don't think he would've chosen! ;) Chase had a good time being with "the guys" (Grandpa and Daddy). He liked to pretend he was helping them. Bennett was, of course, oblivious to what was going on!

Here's Chase "helping" Grandpa get the tree set up in the house.

I LOVE having a big, fat Christmas trees, but then it came time to decorate it...
2 trips to the store for more lights later (plus we already had some from previous years) I finally got the tree all lit up!

Bruce put the star on top (and even if I wanted to do it myself, I couldn't reach it even using a chair, hahaha! wow, I'm short!)



It's nice not having any furniture in the front room...we didn't have to move anything in order to fit the tree! Yah! I have my big, fat Christmas tree, which for me is one of the best Christmas presents EVER!

3 comments:

Amy Blue said...

Love love love it!!!! I miss having a real tree! Merry Christmas!!!!

Brianne said...

- this is Billy - Beautiful tree! You and I have the same taste in trees! The bigger and fatter...the better!!! That is 1 of the things I miss the most about a colder climate during the holidays, was going out and cutting down the Christmas tree yourself! You lucky dogs! Merry Christmas!!!

Brianne said...

Beautiful tree! It is so full and tall! Plus you get a great smell in your house!