"...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me."

- Gen. 21:6

Monday, February 11

remember dating?!

Last Wednesday night, Bruce & I were asked to speak to the youth in our ward at a fireside (last night). Now, we had just spoken in sacrament meeting two weeks ago...now they want us to speak again?! We joked about giving some really bad advice to get out of ever having to speak again! The fireside was on "dating" and I'm not sure why they asked us to speak (maybe because they figure we're young enough we might actually remember what it was like to be dating?!). I remember when I was in Young Womens and all the times we got the dating talk. I did it all wrong in my opinion, so I wasn't about to give them too many personal examples! But, just talking about dating made me remember a lot of the good ones (and bad ones) that I've had! How funny it all seems now that I look back on them! It did give me a lot of ideas for some new dates with a guy I know I'll have a good time with and not have any uncomfortable silences! Dating your husband is great...there's no anxiety and you know what you're getting!

2 comments:

Laura Blue said...

so proud of you for speaking. i was supposed to speak yesterday and bailed out. too chicken

Jamie Christensen said...

Your son is so cute. I love all of your pictures.